Monday, April 6, 2009
Torrential Rain
I'm fairly sure there isn't any other name for it - unless you call it a
"whipper of a storm" (hope you got that Colleen). Anyway, the last week or so have brought torrential downpours of monstrous proportions. We had storms last fall during the "rainy season" but we're currently in the "hot season". The storms in the "rainy season" were beautiful days, then all of the sudden the sky would open and it would pour for about 5-10 minutes, then clear up and be fine! These current storms generally start in the afternoon and get really dark, then have thunder and lightening, torrential rains and power going out. Today, however, we were at the pool around 11am when the sky got darker and darker and darker....then it started to rain and was soon crazy! Our whole yard
was flooded and it continued to come down until around 2:30pm. And then I realized that our new house? It has a leaky roof. You could hear it dripping in Megan and Jack's room, then I realized that there is a spot of water on Jack's ceiling and water was actually dripping from Megan's ceiling onto her bed! So, thankfully because our neighborhood is new and run by the larger neighborhood of Nichada, they have a little office up by our pool for the time being to fix these problems. I went up and told the guy, he and another guy brought a ladder and caulk, went up through an access panel in our bathroom and caulked a bit in both rooms. He'll send out a professional tomorrow to finish it up and make sure it's good. Never a dull moment here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad that they could fix it. At least as you said "never a dull moment"
Love,
April
Post a Comment