Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I hate to do Dishes



Okay, on a random note: Dan's away on a trip and I went to our church small group last night and left the kids home with our neighbors maid (for the 3rd week in a row - she's great and the kids have done well). I returned home tonight to find that the lady who was watching the kids could not watch tv after they were asleep because someone (I'm assuming Kylie) hit the wrong channel and messed the tv up, so she did all my dishes for me. (a) we don't have a dishwasher, either Dan or I (mostly Dan) does the dishes (b) Dan has been gone since Sunday, so without Daddy around, I have put off doing dishes since Saturday (maybe even Friday) (c) i think we were officially down to the last of our plates and definitely out of forks. I knew I would have to do them all day today before Dan got home and saw how insane the pile was. Praise the Lord and thank you Kuhn Som! I seriously considered taking a picture of the pile of dishes earlier today because it was ridiculous. So I definitely took a picture of the after part: and paid Kuhn Som double for doing them!

And, incidentally, I would normally pay her somewhere around 275-300 Baht for the evening. I checked before I left small group to make sure i would have correct change, and I thought I did. Then, before coming in the door, I got my wallet out and realized that what I thought was a 100 Baht note was actually a 500 Baht note and I wouldn't have correct change. Either I could shortchange her by gathering all the coins we had to make 240 Baht or pay her 500 Baht. Then, when I saw that she had done the dishes for me (and there were a TON), I could happily pay her the 500 Baht (which she didn't know, because I just handed her a folded up bill). AND, I remembered that I need to send money in tomorrow to Megan's class for a copy of her school picture, which had I paid Kuhn Som what I thought I was going to, I would not have had the change to purchase Moo's picture! Praise God!

2 comments:

Susan said...

sweet-i need a babysitter like that!

Megan said...

Now, what I really need is to know the conversion rate of Bahts to dollars. So in dollars, how much did you pay for an evening of childcare and dish cleaning? And oh yeah, I found your blog now, so no more lurking on mine without leaving comments or you will feel guilty because I comment so nicely on yours! ;-)