
Kylie and I left for Bible study today at 8:45am and Dan stayed home to get our HHE or Sea Freight (i.e. pretty much everything, except the furniture we stored, we own). After Bible Study at 11:45am, we pulled onto our street and my friend who drove us commented that it looked like the moving truck never

came, because it wasn't here yet. Kylie and I walked down to our house and, sure enough, the moving truck had come and gone! Bikes were in our garage, boxes were downstairs, a box of toiletries was suspiciously laying all over the laundry area (apparently a bottle of conditioner exploded in transit- Dan cleaned it up), boxes were all over the living room, kitchen, playroom (which will be Jack's room when we finally move him into it) and our bedroom! YAY!!! Our Stuff! And, it hopefully seems like it should be not only "our" stuff, but the "right" stuff (our next door neighbors had their "storage" stuff delivered by

mistake - the moving company's not theirs - and it took 1 YEAR for them to get the right stuff)! So, it apparently took only 1 1/2 hours (from 10am-11:30am) for the 7 guys to bring in everything!!! Dan was already cranking out boxes in the kitchen when we got home! It's a good thing I'm married to him, because I would totally live out of the boxes for the next 6 months if I didn't have him to get me going! We spent from 11:45am-5:15pm going through and putting away stuff.
ALL of the kitchen is unpacked, if not completely put away (notice the insanity on the counters and floor). We just don't have as much storage space as we did before. Dan doesn't believe me, but we don't (and no pantry). We don't have a linen closet again, either. What is up with no linen closets? But, I digress. Here's our cute cabinets in the kitchen with my fun dishes! And, I vow to have curtains (homemade, if
mistreated) up in the kitchen by October 1st! With my favorite fabric of ALL TIME that I have owned for 4 years but have never done anything with!!! That's RIGHT - you guys can hold me accountable to it! Don't worry, I'll post pictures when I'm done. Oh, and all my fun stuff to decorate my kitchen with...I LOVE THEM!!!



Then, tonight, while I was making spaghetti, Dan took the kids outside to ride their bikes for the 1st time in 2+ months! And about 25 minutes later, I heard Jack howling outside. He came in

and I saw this: A big skid mark on his

forehead where he fell off Dan's old skateboard (without a helmet on) and landed head-first on the pavement, then the cut in his hair is from connecting with Megan's bike, which apparently is the reason Jack fell off in the first place. Poor boy. He stopped crying as soon as I sat him down in the chair and gave him a piece of bread. He's a tough little boy. Oh, and here he is on the left, snuggling in our new recliner yesterday. He got snuggled in and said, "Hey Mommy, take a picture of me!" So I did.
And for your viewing pleasure, I'll leave you pictures of my two girls (the littlest is holding Julia). ***amendment: it's not Julia, it's Ella. My bad.

1 comment:
so fun! I'm totally going to keep you accountable for making those curtains!
Post a Comment