Day Three at Dolphin Bay was pretty much the same as the other 2,

except we didn't have to do
anything. We just swam and took naps. And hung out. Dan and I keep talking about how relaxing and fun it was to be there - that the kids did really well, slept great, ate great, had a fun time and didn't throw any fits and that we weren't short with each other (except when we got stuck in the mud). :) It was fun just to relax in our room, too. Dan

read, Jack played the DS, Kylie watched "Sun Tzu Panda" (i.e. Kung Fu Panda - but she calls it Sun Tzu Panda, so I keep feeling like it should have the subtitle:
The Art of War) and Moo and I either read or played Scrabble! Scrabble is such a fun game to play with Moopert - both spelling and math incorporated, too, so it is also educational! Although, it does get

hard to find spots to form words when you make 3 and 4 letter words primarily :)
But, it was like Dan's dream realized in a small time frame: He always talks about how he would love to be at the Beach House and have it rain for the entire week, so we could just hang out, read and do puzzles - but that we have to wait until the kids are older and won't go stir crazy in a house for the week. We were able to just hang out in the heat of the day and not have the kids freak out (granted, Kylie was watching a movie on the iTouch and Jack was playing video games, but we are
one step closer). And that's all that really matters.

Oh, and for lunch, we had sandwiches: Dan-grilled ham and cheese, Kylie-cheese, Megan-ham and cheese, Me-BLT and Jack-tuna. Not
tuna salad - just Tuna on a roll with lettuce, tomato and mayo. He was adamant that he loved tuna, because they eat tuna sandwiches at school for snack, but

we normally make tuna salad (with mayo, onion, celery, salt and pepper). Jack LOVED the sandwich. He hugged it to himself and ate every last bite. I'm telling you, he LOVES seafood! And, because you can't drink the water in Thailand, the hotel provides 4 bottles of water to drink per day. And this is what it looked like: we couldn't figure out if it was ammonia, rubbing alcohol or water...so Dan tried it - and survived! Not a little bit Scary :)
Can you tell that we had a great time at Dolphin Bay? My sis-in-law Tiff just made the comment that I've finished most sentences in the previous posts with exclamation points and sarcastically wondered if we liked it at
all? It was a blast and it definitely brought back great memories for me of going to St. Croix (in 4th grade) and Grand Cayman (in 6th grade) with my Uncle Johnny, Aunt Ann, Nana Peggy, Beth and Dave :) And Jack's been on a "what animal does this meat come from?" kick, so thanks to my trips with my cousins, I have been able to tell him that I've eaten conch and turtle (and shrimp cocktail and shrimp for every meal for dinner) in addition to all the other things I've eaten in my life and thanks to Dan's traveling for work, he has eaten pigeon (in Egypt) and lamb (while not crazy, just not what I grew up eating, so it's kind of exotic). Anyway, here are pics of my cousins, my Nana Peggy and me in Grand Cayman circa November 1989 - just to keep you laughing. And cute, cute pics of my nice kids!




2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun!!! I love reading about your adventures!
Did you like the pics of your hubbie from 6th grade? It cracks me up that he used to be a full head shorter than I was!
Post a Comment