Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Safari

Whole trip worth this picture :)
I LOVE IT!!!

Zebras!

Cool stork

The Giraffes being fed

My 3 favorite kids

My 3 favorite kids in front of a totem pole

Me and my Tweeter

Thankfully a fake hippo...

The girls from behind

Yummy Thai fried chicken and rice, and chicken broth and cucumbers and chili sauce and random dish of thai macaroni noodles...

Megan (she did great, this face was just priceless!)

Jack

Dan

Moo, Jack and Dan feeding the birds

The last couple of minutes - I finally let some birds eat out of my hand! Kylie wouldn't go near them!

The danger of playing with birds...

Yay for peacocks walking around - FYI I had to get this picture because our nephew Mikey likes peacocks at the "kazoo" a lot :)

Kylie's feeding the giraffe...because we made her. She didn't want to at all. Totally freaked out.

But was willing to imitate the giraffes with Daddy...

The boys petting the giraffes

Jack feeding the giraffe

Daddy and Moo

Kylie's picture of a giraffe...licking the railing

Jack with albino fish

The boys with strawberry cones

The girls with ice cream...Megan's Magnum and Kylie's chocolate cone!

Dolphins

Beluga Whale

I love pics of Dan and the kiddos from behind walking...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lady's sari! It is beautiful and about the coolest color combo EVER! I keep asking Dan to take me to India (only country I've asked him to take me too - FYI) and maybe if I had a sari like this, he would agree to it!

On Thanksgiving, Dan had off work. The kids, however, do not (their school only gets out for Thai holidays, not American ones)! For the past 2 years, we've taken the kids out of school on Thanksgiving Day and this year was no exception. We had Thanksgiving Dinner with our Life Group the previous Sunday and were planning on doing Thanksgiving the following Saturday with Ken and Amy's family (it didn't happen because they were sick, but anyway)...so we decided to go to Safari World for the day!

We had a blast, enjoyed getting to drive through the Safari and then walk around the park! Yay for thai fried chicken and rice, feeding giraffes, the dolphin and beluga whale show, the spy wars show and crazy animals!

6 comments:

Bev and Boyd said...

Brought back a lot of great memories!
Easy to pass hours on end there.
That really was a great family picture with the giraffes. No elephant rides this time?
XOXOXOXOXO

TiffS said...

Mikey says "I like pictures of quiet peacocks. Is that a quiet peacock? 'Cuz at our kazoo, the peacock is loud. Maybe I could come and see that peacock one day.'

Glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving! And thanks for the peacock picture :)

Courtney said...

that IS such a great family picture! looks like a GREAT family day!

Manda said...

Last time I went ti Safari World I got pooped on by those birds, twice. And to think, that was the room I was most excited about!
Anyway, I love keep track of your guys' adventures. If I can't be in Thailand anymore at least I can live vicariously through you. Glad you guys had a fun time!

Tricia F said...

I LOVE that picture too! And this makes me miss Thailand. Safari World was one of my favorite places.

Pauline said...

Just got back from the beach house and saw your blog about Safari World. Loved your pics, Kristen, you are getting to be quite the photographer!! The pics of the family are fantastic.. not to mention how photogenic those giraffes were! Loved it! Mom xoxo