

For the last 8 months I've wanted our Christmas picture to be with the kids posing on the back of a tuk tuk - because they are so iconic of Thailand and because they actually Thailand :) I pictured our friend Ken coming with us to a tuk tuk and paying the driver 100B so we could take some photos on his tuk tuk. Flash forward to the first week of December - we needed to get our Christmas letter out and Dan encouraged me to use a good family picture we had from Safari World. But I was determined to get this picture taken...so on the way to go swim at our pool, we took a detour to look for a tuk tuk. We had to drive for a while to find one at Carrefour...Dan was grumpy because I was making him do this and we didn't have a photographer...so we walked up to the driver and asked him to take a photo! He got heckled by the other tuk tuk drivers and took 2 pics - neither of which were spectacular. This original picture was
blindingly bright - too much red and yellow and blue...but in b&w it looks pretty good..
4 comments:
I like it a lot :) Great job persevering to get your picture!
I love the pic of all of you!!! Also, loved reading your Christmas letter when we got it.. Love, Mom xoxox
I love it!!!! So glad Jack is ok too. Loved reading about your trip.
Miss you,
melis
I loved the picture too that arrived with your great Christmas letter. I am glad you persisted and finally got the picture you have been dreaming of, Kristen. Dan grumpy??? Couldn't be my Danny Boy you're speaking of!
:):):):)
XOXOXOXOXO
Post a Comment