Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hi, My Name is Megan, vol. 4

Megan's 4th Grade School Picture
They edited out her freckles!

...And I'm the Birthday Girl because today I turn 10!!!

Job: I go to school. I'm in 4th Grade. I like 4th grade. I don't love it but I like it. I love art class, music, drama, reading and learning. I don't like math, IT, Arabic tests (although I like Arabic), science, kids who don't listen and 4th grade girl drama.

Favorite things to do: Shopping in H&M, reading, drawing, riding my bike, singing, writing songs, sculpting in my after school activity, performing and trying different foods.

Least favorite things to do: Homework, studying Arabic, washing the dishes, cleaning up.

Favorite books/series: Clementine, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Because of Winn-Dixie, Ranger's Apprentice, the Bible, Did you Know? Devotions, Who Was/Is Series, Geronimo Stilton, A-Z Mysteries.

Favorite Foods: Orange cinnamon rolls, pancakes, peanut butter, shrimp scampi, Maryland crabs, bagels, cranberry orange bread, blueberry and lemon poppy seed muffins, sweet and sour chicken, roasted potatoes with roasted garlic, big chicken fajita baked potatoes from Jacket Potato, PF Changs, Taco Bell, maple syrup, orzo salad with feta and red pepper, tacos, refried beans, queso, Cheddar Chowder soup, Broccoli Cheddar soup, Chick fil a, cheese ring, egg mcmuffins, french toast casserole, watermelon, carrots, apples, plums, peaches, cucumbers.

Favorite Sayings: KY-lee-Eee, Mo-om!, That's so unfair!, Have you ever broken a bone?, What did you DO? Don't break my stuff, you're not allowed to play with them!, Can I take a shower?, How long can I read? I'm serious! Seriously!, What earrings should I wear? Can we watch a Good Luck Charlie? Can we have a treat? What are we going to have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: Good Luck Charlie, Chopped, Good Eats, Guys Big Bite, Food Network Challenge, Star Wars Clone Wars, Top Shot, Sing Off.

What I want to be when I grow up: Either a famous chef, a teacher or a country singer.

What I like about Kuwait: H&M, food, our view, our house, my teachers (classroom, art, IT, Life Lab, Drama).

What I miss about Thailand: Friends, Sudathai, Que Pasa, Khun Som, ISB, my 3rd grade teacher, riding my bike to school, going to get groceries by myself or with Jack, having taco night with Ken and Amy's family, church and Ms. Kathy.

Things I've done since I turned 9: Lost 2 teeth (one a couple of minutes ago - now I've lost 10 teeth in 10 years), broke my arm for the 4th time, lived in 3 different countries, learned to speak Arabic and Spanish, been to a camel race, changed to a "girly girl" interested in clothes, got my ears pierced, can swim in the Atlantic Ocean by myself, visited 15 States, performed in an Elementary school musical!

Why Mommy loves me: Because you are an amazing young lady and I am so thankful that you are my daughter! It's amazing to be at school and hear continuously that your teacher and your principal want to clone you! Because you have a lot of my traits and personality - which gets us into trouble with each other, but you have a ton of amazing qualities that are so foreign to me - like your amazing voice and musical ability, your dance moves, your style and your confidence in front of people! I love that you love people and talking to people and that you want to know about people. I love you because you are a great helper at home and a great big sister, even if it's not always easy. I love you because you've started reading your Bible every night and reading through your devotional book and are amazed that the things you have been thinking about is then what you're reading in the Bible that night! I love you because you are a blast to be around and you have a great time hanging out at home with our family. I love you because you get along so well with your Daddy. I love you because you are a great friend to little kiddos and a great helper for them! I love you Megan Colleen! I am so thankful you are my daughter and that God has given you to me and Daddy! We can't believe you're 10 years old!!! WE LOVE YOU MOOPERT!!!

Most beautiful shot of Dan and Megan EVER!!!

Me and Moopert out shopping for her Christmas presents

My favoritest 3 kiddos!

Happy Birthday Megan Colleen!!! We love you and cannot believe you are already in the double digits!!! Love, Mommy, Daddy, Jack and Kylie

5 comments:

TiffS said...

Happy Birthday Megan!
First, boo on the edited freckles--we love that you share those with Josh and Mikey:)
Second--Uncle Matt loves Chopped too and he never used to watch any cooking shows :)
Third--We're so thankful for you also and we can't wait to see you this summer!
Love,
Uncle Matt, Aunt Tiff, Hannah, Josh, Laura (your bday buddy), Mikey & Sam

Pauline said...

Sorry we couldn't connect on FaceTime, Meggie but you know you are in our thoughts on your tenth birthday!! We love you bunches and are thankful that you are our granddaughter. Grammy and Grandad. Xoxoxo

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Megan! So excited for you! And...I love seeing everyone's great smiles in all the pictures!
Melissa

Bev and Boyd said...

Meg, So fun to read about you.
You are such a well rounded person with so many intersts and talents.
I am thankful that God is an active part of your life and that He has blessed you with such a wonderful family! People used to tell me how mature your father was as a child and you are just like him. You are an amazing person and I am so thankful for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Mom Mom XO

Susan said...

Looks like Megan is going from cute kid to beutiful young lady-how did that happen?