We stopped at my Uncle Johnny and Karen's house! It was the first time the kids and I had ever been there - and it was great to see. Then we all headed over to a park to meet my cousin Dave, his wife Lindsay and their 2 boys Dylan and Evan. Johnny and Karen purchased subs from Wawa for each of us, as well as chips, fruit, soda and Karen made brownies! Then, to top it all off, they brought the kids Tootsie Roll lollipops! They sent the leftovers with us on our journey, as well as crisp cold apples, the leftovers from dinner, a bag of cookies and I'm sure something else that I'm not remembering! It was soooooo sweet and kind of them - and perfect for traveling long days in the car! It was great to see them - and unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Lindsay and Evan - or really one with Karen (she took the picture above)! Kylie had a blast with Dylan - they played on the playground and searched on a treasure hunt for gold!
From there we headed out and drove as far as we could, spent the night in a hotel and continued on to Long Lake, NY to eat at the Long Lake Diner, visit the cemetery and shop in Hoss's!
Jack trying Uncle Johnny's chair that zooms up and down the stairs
Megan giving it a go - Kylie didn't want to try it :)
Heading on a walk through the park!
Dave and Dylan
Uncle Johnny and I
Kiddos later that night in a hotel bed - all snuggled up and exhausted!
We happened to stay near the Orange County Choppers new store! It rocked!
Dan and the kiddos in the Long Lake Diner! We have our ordering down to a science - Dan gets the sausage gravy and biscuits, I get the Ruben, Megan and Jack get the Egg Muffin with Canadian Bacon and Kylie gets a kiddie breakfast! We LOVE it!
Us in front of the sign
Kiddos with the headstone
And Dan and the kiddos
No comments:
Post a Comment