...And I'm the Birthday Boy because today I turn 9!!!
Here's a little bit about me:
Job: I am in Third Grade. This is the first year I have had to take Arabic. I don't like it, but I am doing well in it, though. I like Math - it's my best subject and I'm really good in it. I like the people in school. I like recess because that is the time I get to play soccer and do other sports. Each week we play a dodgeball tournament and there will be a championship in one or two weeks. Music, Art and Drama I don't like that much.
What I've been reading: I've been reading the Ranger's Apprentice Series - Daddy and Megan have read the whole series and I'm currently on book 9. Mommy made me a cloak so I could be a Ranger for Halloween at school since we had to dress like a character from a book. I like to read Superhero comics. I've also been reading some of the Who Was/Is series about important people. Oh, and the How to Train your Dragon series.
My favorite things to do: Play video games. My favorite xBox 360 games are Lego games (Batman, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones - I'm getting Lego Lord of the Rings for my birthday, but it hasn't come out yet). Dad just brought home a Nintendo Game Cube, so I've been playing Super Mario Sunshine with Mommy. I like to build Legos. I like to play soccer at school with my friends. I like to ride my bike and play in the sand dunes across from our house. I also like going off the curb and skidding on my bike. I like to play upstairs with Megan (and Kylie). I like wrestling with them and with Daddy. I like any kind of remote control vehicles - I just got a remote control helicopter for my birthday from a friend and am really good at flying it. I like to drive anything. I like to have playdates with friends. I love to visit the Farm in Malone. I love to swim in the pool and in the breakers at the beach. I love to snuggle my Mommy. I love to have sleepovers with Megan and Kylie. I love to sleep with Cheetah.
Least favorite things to do: Eat vegetables. Do chores around the house (but I am a good helper for Mommy). Go to bed.
Favorite shows or movies: The Avengers movie, the X-men movies (Mommy let me watch most of them, but edited some scenes while the girls were at a party), Star Wars Clone Wars, Good Luck Charlie, cartoons (Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, Flintstones, Popeye), Superhero shows (Spectacular Spiderman, X-men Evolution and Iron Man Armored Adventures).
Favorite Sayings: Can I play xBox? Oh my goodness. Dhopp (stop when he's really grumpy). Who farted? Do we have to? Why? Megan, wanna go play upstairs? Daddy can we wrestle? Da-eee! Can we look on Amazon? Can I play Friv? Can I have a playdate with...?
Favorite Foods: Macaroni and Cheese with stuffing and chopped up hotdogs. Noodles. Cucumbers. Tacos. Pizza. Spaghetti. Pancakes. Scrambled Eggs. Bacon. Ice Cream. Milkshakes. Cake.
Things I did while I was 8: Learned how to do multiplication and division. Began learning Arabic. Attended a Camel Race (and cried because the last one was so far behind and no one cheered him on). Tubed down the Shenandoah. Attended 2 weddings. Saved up my money from October to July to purchase 2 huge Lego sets. Attended my first VBS (Vacation Bible School) and loved it. Played Dodge ball after school and now have started playing Soccer after school.
Closest Buddies: Bader, Talib, Abdullah and Gun ha from school. Cole and Josh.
What I want to be when I grow up: I want to work at the Embassy like my Dad, because going to places on free airplane rides seems really cool. Also because work gives you extra money at places to eat and if you have leftover money you get to keep it.
Why Mommy loves me: Because every day I get home from school with my face, hands and knees covered in black dirt. The first thing I do - every day when I walk in the door - is wash my hands and face...because Mommy makes me. Because I wake up nicely every morning, even if I don't particularly want to go to school, get dressed, eat breakfast and kiss Mommy while she's finishing making our lunches. Because I am sweet and smart and kind and helpful. Because Mommy loves that I am so kind to little kids and say "Aww" when I see a little baby. Because even though I don't like homework, I love to get it done and over with, so I can play and have fun. Because even though I fight with my sisters, I stick up for them and side with them - completely. Because I love Jesus and God and even though I don't always love going to church, I loved going to VBS this summer. Because I sing all. the. time. in our house, but if someone asks me to sing, I close my mouth. Because I'm me!
Going off curbs
Playing xBox
Jack and Mommy
Hanging out in the hay mow in Malone
Jack and Megan
Kylie and Jack
Sweet Kiddos!
2 comments:
Happy 9th Birthday, Jack!!! Loved reading your birthday blog... You are a sweet, loving boy and give the biggest hugs in the world (which I so miss when you are away!) way
Hope your special day was fun for you.
Love you bunches, Grammy. Xoxoxo
Jack, Happy, Happy Birthday!
Love, Mr. Matt, Mrs. Tricia, Nala and Zoe!
Post a Comment