Tonight was Megan's first ever band concert! She's following in some great family heritage of amazing instrument players...sadly not from me, although I did play the clarinet in 5th and 6th grade band. BUT her father and I'm assuming his father, played in the band. And maybe even his father...I'm not sure, I'd have to ask Uncle Chuck or Gram. Anyway, she definitely gets musical talents from Dan's side of the family (both his mother's family and his father's family) although we definitely have a love of music on my side of the family as well.
She did great! She's been practicing the flute for the past 2 months and did a duet with her friend Evie - Au Clair de la Lune! They did a great job and we're so proud of her! It was fun to see all the kids there trying their best! Flutes, Clarinets, 1 oboe, alto saxes, trumpets, trombones, 1 french horn player and a glockenspiel player who makes up the whole of the percussion section :) But 70 kids isn't too shabby since they are all in the 5th grade! Can't wait for the Winter concert to hear them again!
All three before heading into the concert!
Warming up
Cute smile :)
Bridgette, Megan and Evie
Jack and his buddies Bader and Talib had fun sitting in the last row together instead of sitting with their parents. They were mostly well behaved.
Dr. Boyer, the principal, introducing the evening - it's fun that Megan is front and center as a flute player!
Megan and Evie doing their duet!
A shot of the whole band
Me and my Moopert!


3 comments:
Way to go Megan! This is awesome!
Yeah Meggie!!!! So proud of you... Loved listening to your duet... Well done! You looked so pretty in your dress and leggings... And, proud of your sister and brother to support you... And of course your parents,,,
Yay Megan! You did great! I played the flute too, but I think you're better than I was. :)
Post a Comment