Dan has been growing his goatee out for a while now - maybe 6 months? It finally got so long and scraggly that we needed to give it a little trim - but he loves measuring it by Kylie's hand length, so he had me take a picture of it before we trimmed it!
At school, they have a Daddy's and Doughnut's morning - where Dad's get to come in with their kids and have doughnuts for breakfast! The kids were super excited to have Dan drive them up and go with them! Dan said it was packed out and that he knew a ton of dad's there!
I had the opportunity to go in and be a Mystery Reader at Kylie's school again (I had done it in October before)! I asked Grammy if she wanted to go instead - and she did! We brought the class to the front hall (Kylie's teacher and principal were so kind in arranging it all!) and Kylie LOVED having Grammy there to read to them! Grammy gave 5 clues about herself to the teacher and the teacher read them throughout the day so kids could guess who would be there - they were:
1. My favorite colors and blue and yellow.
2. I love planting flowers in my garden.
3. I love going to the beach with my family.
4. I love tomato juice! (This is the one where Kylie KNEW it was Grammy!)
5. I'm a grandmother!
She read Emil the Octopus and lots of poems out of Poems to Read to the Very Young!
No comments:
Post a Comment