Dave and Kris are expanding at the farm and building a new milking parlor, new barns, new offices, etc. Carl and Aaron gave us a tour of the new parlor and explained how it's all going to work. It's amazing to see and I'm always in awe of how much they have to know in order to make their farm work. For these new barns and parlors, they had to run new electrical and drill new wells and figure out that LED lights would not interfere with how they keep track of the cows...it's crazy! Along with keeping the cows healthy and happy, feeding them, planting crops and everything else. It's simply astounding the knowledge you have to have and the work that goes into farming! They do a great job of it!
We got to borrow their Bobcat to take around for the morning - so fun to see everything!
Our Family
Pretty barns
Pretty Cows
Kylie trying to pet the cows
Staring at the poop pit!
Traditional pic of Dan and the kiddos at the Calf Barn
Kylie petting a Jersey
I had to take 4 pics to get all the way to the left end of their new barns. I didn't post them all here, but I probably should! It's HUGE!
They love climbing in the hay barn...except Kylie, who is terrified of heights
Dan got her up here and she did great!
So proud of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment