Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thunderbirds


I mentioned that the US Air Force Thunderbirds were doing an Air Show here in Bangkok this weekend. Dan and Megan went to go watch them with our friends Ken and his son, plus some other friends (Jack was at a party and Kylie needed a nap). They left our house at 11:30am and it took them 1 hour to get to the airport (which is only a 15 minute drive for us) and said that it was PACKED! Apparently, unlike in the States where we've gone to the Andrews Air Force Air Show, the Thunderbirds were the only planes flying (except a C-17 that flew past). So, they waited from 12:30pm until 3pm when the Thunderbirds began. So, 2 1/2 hours outside in 96F weather with no shade, standing over a thornbush and people everywhere. Not exactly what they were looking for, but I think an interesting experience nonetheless. Check out more pics here!


1 comment:

Bev and Boyd said...

Meg,
What a special outing you got to have with Daddy. And I love the matching hats!