Saturday, June 8, 2013

KLBS End of Year Brunch

 
 I am so thankful for my Kuwait Ladies Bible Study!  I have LOVED getting to be a part of this group of ladies who love the Lord - for the past 2 years!  It is an amazing group of ladies from so many countries and walks of life who have lived in many many places around the world and for very different lengths of time here in Kuwait!  Over the past 2 years I'm guessing that there have been around 100+ ladies who have been a part of the Bible study at one point or another over 24 months.  In this picture alone (of just a small number of ladies) are ladies from the States, the UK, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Thailand, the Philippians, Myanmar, India, Nigeria, Poland and Germany.  There are ladies who have lived in Kuwait for 2 weeks all the way up to 34 years (although we have one lady who attends when she is well enough who is 83 years old and has lived in Kuwait for 50+ years)!  I am thankful for their friendships and all that I've learned through them these last 2 years.  We've done studies on Romans 12, Philippians, Jonah, Discerning the Voice of God, Abiding in Christ, The Beatitudes and Women of the Bible.  I am thankful that I've had the opportunity to facilitate this year and am so thankful the ladies I've facilitated with.  They have been a blessing to me!
 
 We had our end of the year brunch to say goodbye to the ladies who will be moving from Kuwait - and also to raise money for the 3 charities we support!  Sara hosted it at her house, which was so nice of her!  It was a lovely morning and a great time to get together!

 Lisa and I hit it off the first time we met - mostly because her daughter is a Hokie grad :)  She's a great lady who I loved getting to know, even just a bit, and will miss here in Kuwait!  We had a chance to pray for the ladies who are leaving and it was so sweet to have Lisa pray for me and our transition back to the States!  

 Cheri prayed for me, too.  Her friendship has meant so much to me here in Kuwait.  She is an amazing lady!!!

 The Bible Study facilitators
Sara, Me, Heather, Grace and Shirley

And a picture of my Bible Study group from February!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Glad that you had such wonderful friends in Kuwait. Know you will miss them!!!