Monday, July 1, 2013

Outings

 The kids and I ventured out to the Fabric Souk one last time here in Kuwait!  I will definitely miss going there - looking for great deals and finding fun things!  Each of the girls picked out a meter of their own choice of knit fabric - Megan got florescent green/yellow and Kylie chose a florescent orange/pink!  I picked out some fun vintagey Christmas fabric and bought a fun velvet pillow I've wanted from the Indian Heritage Souk for 2 years now.  The girls each got 2 sundresses from the Indian Heritage Souk - one that matches each other and then one different one - they are adorable and were only 2KD each ($7USD)!  
 I promised them that if they shopped with me (which they had no choice in), that I would purchase them snacks there!  We got Onion Pakoras...which we are so thankful for!

 Cheese Samosas...

 ..and Jack got french fries because he didn't really like either of the other things!

 They ate them all!

 Then later in the day we went here to pick up Daddy from his last trip (we think) here in Kuwait!

 We took him out to a new restaurant to try some POUTINE!!!  (Montreal french fries with gravy and cheese curds that we love to eat in Malone)!  

 Cute cute restaurant

 The girls loved it - yummy cheeseburgers, fries, fresh lemonade...

 Arnold Palmers...

 ...and their version of a Ruben!  It was homemade roast beef, a crazy saurkraut/slaw, swiss, dressing and this yummy bread!  

Our waiter wanted his picture taken with Kylie - so he took one on his phone and we took one on my camera!

2 comments:

Bev and Boyd said...

Another fun outing! Happy July! Woo hoo!!!!!!!! Hope packing day went well today. So excited for the big count down. XO

Pauline said...

Glad to see you all are soaking up the "Kuwaiti" lifestyle in the last month! You all always enjoy wherever you are! Gret fun!!! Xoxoxo