Thursday, July 18, 2013

Walking on the Beach

 We've been walking over to the beach across the street from us the last couple of weeks.  While locals have been swimming there the last couple of months, we still aren't sure it's safe to swim in - but we have had fun walking on the beach and looking for shells, watching the hermit crabs and schools of minnows!  

 Jack likes throwing shells

 View south down the beach

 Beautiful boat that was docked right off the beach

 Walking

 Drawing pictures in the sand with her toes

 Me sporting Megan's sunglasses

 Throwing more shells

 Our family
(my shadow plus Dan and the kids)

 All these shells were in large lines all along the waters edge...

 When I got closer, I realized they were all moving because they are all hermit crabs!

 The areas where they weren't all together, you could see their holes in the sand and the markings they made in the sand carrying their shells!

 Dan, Megan and Jack walked close to the water over many hermit crabs...Kylie and I weren't brave enough to go there.

 One that looked like a moustache :)

 She had fun digging and drawing in the sand

 Jack

 Megan

 Kylie

 And a cool design from a crab!

1 comment:

TiffS said...

When I was little I had a nightmare about hermit crabs so I would be with you and Kylie NOT walking on them :)