Megan had her first big tournament over MLK weekend in Richmond! I took her, we stayed in a hotel and she played games for 3 straight days! I had a great time. I got to be the chaperon for her team, which included making sure everyone was where they needed to be, making sure everyone was okay at the hotel, keeping track of all of the girls during the tournament, making dinner reservations and hosting early (!) breakfasts in our hotel room!
We left early on Friday and we swung through the West End of Richmond to stop in at the homes of 3 friends to say hi really quick! I got to see and hug Melissa, Heather and then Suz! It was so good to see them!
Me and Melis!
Megan's first day of volleyball started at a 5am wake up and hosting a 6am breakfast in our room! We got to the venue at 7am for an 8am game! The girls learned a lot that day about communication and teamwork :)
Ready
Serving
Me and Megan after getting a late afternoon snack of Starbucks :)
The outside of the hotel
The view from our room





No comments:
Post a Comment