Thursday, September 24, 2009

Can you guess what's on my mind?

Seriously, can you? It's September 24th (incidentally my 1/2 birthday) and I have serious issues with Christmas on my brain...you know - in between planning Jack's 6th Birthday, thinking through Halloween costumes and being in 95 degree weather. CHRISTMAS. Oh, and not just needing to buy presents (which I do - for everyone but Laura)...but decorating! We cannot believe that we haven't celebrated Christmas in this house. In Thailand, yes. But not in this house. And here's what's weird..for Dan and I, at least. We've lived in 5 houses total in our marriage and celebrated Christmas in all the previous 4 - and generally one of the first thoughts I have when we first enter the new house is, "Ah, THAT'S where the Christmas tree will go!" But. Not. This. House.

It's kinda stressing me out. Putting up our tree here will involve moving of furniture - which I don't like. Dan is more than happy to move furniture around (much like his Mother) while I grew up in a house that had the same arrangement for my whole life (mostly due to the fact that we had a blind dog and moving the furniture would have just been mean). But still...we still have to figure out where to put the Christmas tree and where to move furniture to when we have to move it out of the way. I'll stop fussing about it now.

BUT my point to this post was to say that we went to IT Square today - me, Megan, Jack and Kylie. To look for things for Megan's Halloween Costume (i.e. non-Halloween things, but things that can be used as Halloween Costume things)...and I found great stuff at an Export Store (I think it's just clothes made in Thailand/Cambodia, etc for Old Navy, Aeropostale, American Eagle, etc that doesn't get shipped). Anyway, found great stuff for cheap ($2USD each) and am getting the urge to decorate...which offically won't happen for 2 more months, but LOOK!


Nope, not pillow covers - 2 shirts and a pair of Old Navy pajama pants! I'll make them officially sometime in the next couple of weeks, but we wrapped them around pillows on the sofa just to see how they look!


Seriously, look at all this fun stuff! 2 pairs of pajama pants (1 red fleece, 1 Old Navy print), 2 pairs of shorts, 3 tops (red polka dot, green stripe and red stripe tank top), green shoes for Megan and 2 Reindeer hand towels for my bathroom downstairs at Christmas! I think the shoes/towels/red striped tank top are the only things not getting altered or cut up in some way :) I'll keep you posted...mmm, Christmas.

4 comments:

Bev and Boyd said...

Christmas has been on my mind since Tuesday when I dragged all the gifts out of the closet to see just what I have for everyone. I have quite a good start on the shopping. After all it is only 3 months and 1 day away!
We are excited that we will get to see your house decorated this year.
By the way, we all know the REAL answer to the question - DAN!!!
Lots of love to all!!! XO

Andrea said...

don't forget a string of red lights for your bathroom!

Pauline said...

It's amazing to me that you always seem to find neat things.. and that you have the ability to envision other uses for everyday things! Christmas will be here before you know it... Have fun decorating... Love to all, Mom xoxo

Julie said...

this post made me laugh in so many ways.
-you would love our small flat, there is no where to move the furniture. I would love to, like your hubby, but we cannot due to the odd shape of the place.
-your poor blind dog... and cannot move the furniture for him
-the clothes into pillows...awesome
-and your zeal for Christmas already... especially in 95 degree weather!
Enjoy your excitement!!!