
Dan had off yesterday! He hasn't been in Bangkok for a holiday (whether Thai or US) in MONTHS! I think since January or February. It was soooo nice to have him home. We got tons of stuff done in the morning (Megan and Jack still had school because they are only off for Thai holidays) and took Kylie to lunch at the Mall! We went to a place called:

It's a Charcoal Grill and Japanese Restaurant. My friend Sarah took Kylie and I there last Monday with her 2 little girls and it was really fun and yummy! I wanted to take Dan back there, but figured it would be cheaper if we didn't bring Megan and Jack, so lunch worked great!

We ordered beef back ribs, bacon, corn, okra, some kind of noodles (chub chae), chicken teriyaki, rice, vegetables and miso soup. They bring out a little charcoal grill, pull down the vent hood to keep the smoke to a minimum and we grilled our own meat right there! Everything was so yummy and fun...although we ended up lighting our bacon on fire :) The ladies had to bring lettuce leaves to place on the grill to make the fire go out. I liked that they brought the lettuce leaves out on a pretty plate all nicely arranged and weren't remotely in a panic...still so Thai, even with flames coming out of the grill! :) Hopefully they are used to it...especially with us
farangs (foreigners...pronounced far-ong and kinda rhyming with King Kong).
Kylie likes it...the rice, the corn and the "chicken" which is what she calls the beef ribs and would gladly eat all of it if we let her :) Yay for holidays!!!

1 comment:
Sounds like Kylie got in on a very special day with Mom and Dad. Hope the big kids had a great day at school. I am sure the restaurant is used to having a plate of lettuce on hand!
Post a Comment