Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hi, My Name is Dan, vol. 3

And today is my birthday because I'm 35!!!

Favorite Foods: Cashew Chicken, Japanese Curry with Chicken Cutlet - Spicy level 2 - regular rice - with cheese, Bacon Cheeseburger at Que Pasa, Tim Tams and Tim Tam milkshakes.

Interests: Playing guitar/worship band, anything having to do with technology, xBox 360, twirling Kristen's hair, traveling the world, biking with the kids, watching Clone Wars or X-Men Adventures on weekend mornings with kiddos.

Latest Purchase: Buying 2 guitars at one time! 1- 5 string bass and 1- electric guitar. I've been looking at them for a while and saved up the money - finally went and purchased them while Uncle Matt was visiting!

Current TV shows: Top Shot, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Glee (maybe still), The Sing Off, Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon and Outsourced.

Latest sayings: "My life is half over!" because I'm 35 and the Bible says that your days are numbered at 70 years (Kristen doesn't like hearing this). "Drop it like it's hot!" "True story" "Erroneous" "Oh, got you there!" "I'm just gonna play some xBox for a minute..." "See!"

Things I've checked off my to-do list in Thailand: Swing through the trees at Flight of the Gibbons, visit Chiang Mai with the family, stay downtown with the kids at Frasier Place and swim on the top floor, go to Centara Pattaya with Ken and Amy's family, buy 2 guitars!

New things I've done in the last year: played countless hours of xBox 360, ventured into xBox live, became an Elder at CCC, took on leading worship at church (highlight - any and every Chris Tomlin song), visited 1 new country - KUWAIT, got awarded a follow-on tour, enjoyed the iPad, read the complete Twilight series (and loved them) courtesy of my wife, solved the 12 sided Rubik's cube, preached 2x's at church.

Why my Tweeter loves me (written by Kristen): Because he is an amazing man of God who loves God, me, Megan, Jack and Kylie. He loves others well and is giving of his time and resources to help others out. He doesn't complain. He gets sweaty at the drop of a hat and can sit and sweat on our sofa while I'm under a blanket freezing. He twirls my hair for hours on end. He calls whenever he can while he's on trips - at least 1x a day, connection permitting. He brings us back souvenirs from trips and makes us a priority even when he's not around. He encourages me to spend time with God, teaches me new things continually and makes me laugh and smile. He's an amazing husband and I'm very thankful for him!!! Happy Birthday my Tweeter! Here's to another great 35 years (or more!)!!! I love you!!!

Me and my Birthday Tweeter

Daddy and the kiddos

This Fall in NY with his cousins

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Dan! Congrats on the 2 new guitars!

Pauline said...

We are so thankful for you, too, Danny!! Couldn't ask for a better son-in-law and husband to Kristen or father to the three kiddos.. We love your positive personality and your willingness to offer help whenever you can. We love you!!
Mom and Dad xoxox

Bev and Boyd said...

I cried through this one - tears of joy and gratefulness!!! Love you lots! Mom XO

Tricia F said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Dan!!!
Are you gonna have one too, K? Or did I miss it?