Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Decorations!!!

Our home is decorated for Christmas!!! This is the first house we haven't immediately been able to figure out where to put the Christmas tree - but that's okay because Dan came up with an idea and after rearranging some furniture, it worked out perfectly! It's so fun to have our all of our nativity sets and all the ornaments Dan started picking up for me from his travels over a year ago :) I love that he's so creative in finding ornaments - sometimes a bracelet, sometimes a figurine, sometimes a key chain, sometimes a little stuffed animal, sometimes an actual ornament - but with a fancy ribbon, they are perfect for our tree!

I love having our home decorated for Christmas - and the fact that when we pull out the decorations we can officially begin listening to Christmas music - at home and in the car! We've had fun singing Christmas carols in the car and learning Christmas verses (and cutting out one to put on our wall)! I've taught the kids (well, we're working on it anyway) O Tannenbaum in German and also "Lasst Uns Froh Und Munter Sein" (Lustig, Lustig, Tra La La La, Bald ist Nikolaus Abend Da)! Now to just finish up shopping for Christmas presents! At least our home is decorated!

Our little tree by the front door for our Adorenaments

Bookshelves with SEAMAN

Our Dragon Chest, Thai art carving and elephants - plus 3 nativity sets

Our downstairs bathroom with fun towels and the Christmas sign!

Luke 2:11
Handmade by Megan, Jack, Kylie and Me

Our stockings hung by the sofa table with care...

View into our front room

And into the rest of the house

We rearranged this room and I LOVE IT! It's now cozy and fun to be in instead of making it feel like it was a cavernous room!

Our Christmas Tree

And some fun ornaments from the other side

Our bamboo ladder and Thai rice basket - ready for Christmas!

View from our family room - fun ornaments hung!

And everyone needs red and white stripped leg warmers on their floor lamp to "Christmas" it up :)

Fun Merry Christmas sign

Handpainted Joy sign :)

Fun wreath I made with a 10B (from Thailand) wreath form, some leftover fabric and leftover ribbon!

Our tv decorated a bit

Wonderful Nativity set given to us by our Life Group in Thailand!

Our China Hutch

Sideboard

And a view from our dining room!

4 comments:

TiffS said...

Looks great! We included another Christmas decoration for you with your gifts--something that Matt and I made. Hope it gets there soon!

Pauline said...

Love all of your Christmas decorations and also just got your Christmas card and picture... you are so creative!! We hope your Christmas is wonderful and you will be missed and thought of in very special ways. I loved my Christmas tree, Kylie that you drew on the back of my card!
Merry Christmas to all of the Seamans!!!
Love, Grammy and Grandad xoxoxo

Bev and Boyd said...

I've been waiting for this one! So fun to see your house all decorated for Christmas. You're so creative. Loved the writing you all did over the keyboard and what a great idea for the leg warmers! Thanks so much for the blogs! They sure help close the gap of all the miles between us!
XOXOXOXOXO

Melissa said...

Kristen! I love it! Everything looks so beautiful and so fun to celebrate the season. I love your Christmas letter and pic too. I miss you guys. Merry Christmas! Oh...I love your Merry Christmas sign with the verse...did you paint it?
melis