Isn't she adorable? This is how we found her in her bed 2 nights ago when we went to check on her at bedtime. Sound asleep.
Dan got our car yesterday at work! The battery was dead and after jumping it and letting it run for a while to recharge it, the car was out of gas. So Dan left it at work last night. Then he has to have it inspected at work on Friday and hopefully we can have it home to use permanently after that! Seriously, can you guys think of all the times you have used your car since we moved on July 15th? It's ridiculous. We have been very thankful that we can hail a taxi easily outside of our neighborhood, but it's hard to hail them from some of the places i need to take them...and they cost money.
Like tomorrow, Dan will have the car at work so he can get it inspected and Jack has a birthday party to go to in the afternoon. So, I will have to take the kids in a taxi to drop Jack off at the party and hopefully figure out a way to get the taxi to stay because I can't catch a cab back from that neighborhood. If I can make the taxi wait, then it will probably cost me around $4 to take him. If I can't get the taxi to wait, then the girls and I will have to walk approx. a mile to catch a cab. We'll see how it goes.
Oh, and FYI, if you don't have any syrup for pancakes and your husband takes the scooter to the store to buy a small bottle for $8? Make sure it's strapped in well to the basket or it will fall out at the entrance to your neighborhood and smash everywhere and you will have to melt down marshmallows and butter to make some kind of sauce for the pancakes (it will be your husband's idea) and it will make everyone nauseous because it's so sweet - except your 6 year old who can't eat enough. Just FYI.
2 comments:
I can't imagine no car. Is that sad? We live so comfortably over here. Glad you are getting one, though! On the bright side, the walking is good for your health I guess! Of course then you wear through your shoes faster...
Kristen, You are such a good writer! Anyway, that 'syrup' sounds like quite a concoction. So glad you have your car here now!
Post a Comment