Friday, May 22, 2009

EW

Our church here has a weekly women's bible study called Encouraging Women that meets every Wednesday. This past Wednesday, we finished off the semester with an event called EW's Got Talent and had ladies from the church demonstrate talents that they have, which they could also teach to other ladies. Does that make sense?



A friend, Nicole, hosted it at her house (instead of the church, where we normally meet) because she is moving in a month and the movers have already moved all her furniture/stuff out! It turned out to be a ton of fun - we had ladies demonstrate how to make silk flowers and butterflies, beautiful cards, decorate cupcakes, scrapbook and salsa dance! Now, I'm not a scrapbooker (the last page I completed was when Megan was 2 WEEKS old). I kid you not. But, I do keep up on this blog, and used Blurb to create our own Blog book (thanks for the idea Courtney - and hope yours turn out great Julie and Tricia)! We finished it the first week of March and got it while Dan was on his trip (and sent a copy to both my Mom and Dan's Mom for Mother's Day)! We love it - it's insane and so fun to have and is 200 pages long! For mid July through February. Anyway, it was fun to bring it in and share it with/show it to the ladies there...And the morning was a lot of fun. My favorite food there? A friend "threw together" chopped hard-boiled eggs, black olives, walnuts and mayo to make an egg salad spread for crackers. I think I ate half the bowl and half the crackers!

3 comments:

Julie said...

yeah for you I am so super jealous. I am only in Sept 2008. Ugh, it is taking forever... but I know is worth it.

Pauline said...

Kristen,
I can't begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed the Adventures in Bangkok book that you gave to us. It has been most enjoyable and a "treasure" to have.
Thank you so much!! I know I have told you before but it still is something that we are truly thankful for.
Glad you enjoyed your day with the ladies in your church. I am also glad that you have such wonderful fellowship when far away from the USA. Love you all, Mom xoxox

Bev and Boyd said...

Dear Kristen,
That sounded like a great day of fellowship. I wondered which one of your many talents you would choose to share. The blog book was a great choice. What a treasure it is. We are thankful for the many friends God has blessed you with in Thailand.
Counting the days...
Love,
Mom XO