Thursday, May 28, 2009

Paint!

Alright, it's not done, because I don't have the pictures up on the wall, but you know what? I decided I wanted to paint the back wall in our living room (where our tv is) while Dan was gone. We headed out to Homepro the minute he left and bought the paint. A friend of mine here actually had the color on one wall in her boys room and I asked her if she still had the can! She dropped it off, we took it with us and they matched it!

I found out before Dan left that he was happy with the white walls throughout our house, that he just wanted to get pictures and things up on them...but I made up a program on microsoft paint to show him how it could look. Wanna see my test shots? Oh, and don't freak out about the color (Dan still hasn't seen it yet), but this room is like a cave during the day unless we have the lights on and I really have wanted orange in there. It's bright. It's slightly crazy. I love bright, slightly crazy rooms (not the jungle vine in our kitchen in Malone, however). And, if we decide we don't like it, we can always paint over it. I did it in one night - 2 coats and moved everything back into place in the morning, so no really big hassel.




And now for how it REALLY turned out below!!! I do like it and will probably love it more when we get the pictures up on the wall...

4 comments:

Bev and Boyd said...

Kristen,
First of all, I always look forward to the titles of your blogs. They always stimulate curiosity. I think the wall looks great. It looks like the color of our living room in the first house we lived in. Any memories of that Dan? I think a bright color for such a cheery family is perfect!
Another job well done!
Love,
Mom
XO

TiffS said...

I like the white swirlies, are you going to do that? I think that it turned out great! And Matt doesn't think it will affect the colors you see on the tv ;)

Bev and Boyd said...

Kristen,
I am overwhelmed that you would paint a wall my favorite color. But to do it in conjunction with my favorite piece of furniture, the TV, fantabuliscious!!! We were already coming to visit in January, but now maybe we'll just move in.
Pappy

Megan said...

LOVE the wall. Also love the "preview" with the white swirls on it. Can you add those on the real wall now??