Friday, May 15, 2009

Phuket, Thailand - part 5


I don't think there was anything more to say about Phuket, but we wanted to share more photos that didn't really fit into any specific category. And to say that the joke here in Bangkok is that no matter where you vacation, you always run into someone you know. It's happened to us all 3 times so far and we listened to funny stories about people in our housegroup running into other people going down a river in China, on the Great Wall, in Siem Reap Cambodia, Singapore and all over Thailand.


In Dan's group at work, there are 3 other guys. One of them, Nick and his wife Christine, were at the same hotel as us! They have been married only a short time and don't have any children - but our kids adore them! (not as much as Matt and Tricia...however) When Nick was at our house a couple of months ago, he did magic tricks for the kids and had all 3 captivated! We had fun going down the waterslide with them, swimming in the deep pool and hanging out for a bit. It was nice of them to play with us on their "relaxing" vacation. Nick was determined to learn to sail there - and we got to watch him while we were taking a ferry back from shopping one afternoon! Fun to take pics of them! And the only ones we have of them!



Megan and Jack posing on some statue, wai-ing - too cute!

Jack and Kylie playing in the rain the first day at lunch! It was pouring off the roof...

Me and Moo played Scrabble - she's laying down with a cold rag on her forehead because of sunburn...

The humidity was so high one morning, that it made a sheen on the camera lens :) A fun, unexpected effect!

Me and my Jackie Boy on the ferry to shop.

Jack and Kylie in the main hall at the hotel :)

Silly kids right before we left to go home!

The kids at the airport - with their "pack-packs" as Kylie like to call them. Really, she made me carry it everywhere except when she wanted to put it through the x-ray machines by herself.

1 comment:

Bev and Boyd said...

Dear Kids,
I certainly enjoyed reading about all your adventures in Phuket. These pictures were a great added bonus. I love the family picture. I am lucky if I run into anyone I know when I go to the local grocery store so that really seems amazing to me! Thanks again Kristen for your faithfulness to this special little ministry that means so much to us all!
Love,
Mom
XOXOXOXOXO