Thursday, September 2, 2010

EW Fall Kick-Off continued...

So, Kari had done such a pretty post, that I just couldn't resist it.  Because she is such a great photographer and because the camera we had set aside to take pictures at our Fall Kick-off's batteries weren't charged, we talked Kari into taking pictures for EW to use to decorate for our board as you enter the church.  The pictures Kari (and Kathy and Leslie) took at the kickoff were great!  Fun ones of me and Allayne, more yummy pink food and my choice of study this semester - 

Discovery:  God's Answers to Our Deepest Questions by Will Wyatt.  We had our first official study this week and it was really good.  I am totally excited for the group of ladies in our study...and I feel like I'm on the opposite side of where I was 2 years ago - I know all the ladies in the study.  I have close friends in the study and a history with them.  I remember sitting in my first EW study here 2 Falls ago and thinking that all these ladies knew each other.  They all hung out after EW and came late sometimes because they were working out together in the morning.  And I didn't know anyone...and there wasn't anyone else who was new in my first study here.  Fast forward 2 years and I'm sitting in this study with other ladies from past and present EW Core, the pastor's wife is facilitating it, Amy's in it and other ministry leaders and ladies are in it.  I think we have 2 new ladies in it...and I really want them to feel welcome.  We do lunch after EW every other week at Que Pasa and I made sure to invite one of the ladies (the other one had a sick kid at home and couldn't make it)...but felt bad that she had to sit with other ladies at lunch because I got to sit at the "kid's" table with Kylie and 4 other kiddos and their mommas...hopefully it's the thought that counts.  Anyways, I'm excited to see what God will do and how He will work in our hearts this semester...

Me and Allayne
More yummy pink desserts
My study for this semester!!!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Glad that you are enjoying your Bible Study and that you have such empathy for others. That is a good quality to have, Kristen.. to make others feel welcome.. Good for you.. am happy that you are in such a good place! Love, Mom xoxox

sara said...

That pink cake looks so good!!!