Monday, March 7, 2011

Flying Through the Trees

Meggie, Jack and I along with Uncle Matt and the folks he was traveling with and Nick and Kristine from my office got to go do the Flight of the Gibbons adventure on the 26th of February. It was a blast and something I was so excited to get to do before we finish up our time here in Thailand. Here was the group shot of our crew with our two Sky Rangers Art and Bird who guided us through our adventure in the trees.

Geared up and Ready to Go

Moo and Jack, Gibbons for a Day

Uncle Matt and I

I was a little nervous about how Moo and Jack would do with the heights as some of the zip lines are over 2oo meters long and 50 to 100 meters high in the air but they both did amazing! It was so fun to see them going through the course and enjoying themselves. Here we are with Uncle Matt after getting our gear on. Also, here was a neat map they had of the course we would be doing.


The daredevils hanging out in the trees and then having a break in a tree house!


Here is a nice group shot on the on one of the rope bridges:

Good times!!!


Having fun on the "Honeymooner" zipline where 2 could go at the same time.

The Kiddos

The Brothers

Me and the kiddos in the treetops

Moo letting loose

Jack in his element

It was an amazing day and I think we all had a blast! After spending a few hours in the trees, we got to have a great thai lunch before heading back home on the shuttle bus.


4 comments:

Pauline said...

Loved seeing and reading about your newest "adventure"!! Glad that Meggie and Jack were able to experience this... great way to build self-confidence.. xoxox

Tricia F said...

wow, that looks like SO much fun! so excited you all got to do it. :)

H said...

So stinkin' cool! I loved watching the video. Thanks for sharing. Too bad Oberles will never be swinging in the trees, but some of us are just more comfy on the ground. You all rocked!

Melissa said...

This is awesome! I love all the experiences you all have had there! Kind of makes me think of Young Life camp and the zip line/ropes course (except not so high up!)
miss you,
melis