Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Birthday


I had a great day! Dan took off for the day - which was great because we had Amy's Bonus here while she was in the States visiting a sick friend! Dan let me sleep in a bit - while he kept the Bonus and Kylie busy! I got my new awesome Jim Thompson Throw blanket that I've been wanting forever for my birthday from Dan and the kids! We went downtown the Monday before my birthday on an adventure to find the store, look for the blanket and eat dinner at a restaurant we had never tried! Soooo worth it and they had the exact color I wanted - a fun aqua color! Dan, the Bonus, Kylie and I went to Starbucks for breakfast and CoCo Curries for lunch and then in the afternoon I made the Best Broccoli and Cheddar Soup Ever and ordered yummy chicken salad sandwiches from the NY Diner right near here - complete with sweet tea for my favorite dinner ever! Plus I made a wonderful blueberry bread with orange glaze for dessert! It was a good night and we had a great time!

Dinner at Roadhouse BBQ after shopping at Jim Thompson - not sure the kids were supposed to be in the restaurant, since it was basically a bar, but we ate early and no one seemed to mind. Fun high tables and good ribs and bbq!

Ginormously huge menu on each table

Apparently the most beers on tap in Thailand - including one of Dan's favorite's Leffe from Belgium! The 50cc'er.

Breakfast at Starbucks outside with Palm Trees :)

Me and my Tweeter

Dan and the Bonus at CoCo Curries

Me and the Budge at lunch

Opening presents with the kiddos after school

Amazing dinner!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! It looks like you had an awesome birthday! Can't wait to see you fun blanket! Miss you a ton!
melis

Pauline said...

So fun to see all the fun and family times... Love you, Mom

TiffS said...

Take a picture of the blanket--I've never heard of Jim Thompson before!
Glad you had such a nice day for your birthday :)