Monday, October 3, 2011

Amazing Shirt


Grammy bought a shirt for Megan before we moved here - and Megan wore it for the first time last week....and spilled taco meat on it. Even with a stain stick, there was a grease stain front and center in the middle of the shirt. I had read on a blog that you can use a Clorox Bleach Pen to draw on a shirt and make a design - I thought that if I tried it, possibly I could cover up the grease stain and maybe make it wearable again - and if not, I wouldn't really make a mess of the shirt, because it already had a huge stain! Needless to say, it worked beautifully and I want to make a million more shirts like it! So easy and so fun - and it turned out perfectly!

I hadn't done any crafts or painting since maybe February...and I'm dying! I want paint and canvases and furniture to paint...I'm on the lookout for a store here that sells art supplies or craft items...we'll see if I can find something!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow, Kristen! You are so crafty and talented!! I love the shirt... Glad you are finding new ways to use your artistic abilities. if there are any supplies that you may need, I would be happy to send some. love to all, Mom. Xoxo

Bev and Boyd said...

That looks fantastic! What a great save job. XO

Melissa said...

Kristen,
This is beautiful. You are amazing! You should sell these on etsy :)
melis

TiffS said...

I just saw that online somewhere too and I wondered how well it worked. Thanks for showing off how great it is!

Matt and Jolee said...

Hey! I promise I won't comment on every post, but thought I would give you some info. Talk to Nerissa Alford - she's big into crafting. I don't think there are many stores here to purchase stuff like that (definitely not a Michaels or Hobby Lobby) so I think she orders mostly online and stocks up when she goes back to the states. There is a book store inside Hawally Park (small amusement type park that you can walk into) that is probably the best place I have seen for stuff like that. As you go into the park - it's about two or three stores down on the right. They also have an English Book section. Hope that helps! Good luck - the shirt is cute!

Megan said...

Beautiful!