Saturday, October 1, 2011

Our Home!!!

I haven't posted pics of our new home because it's been a work in progress - it was set up nicely when we walked in the door (courtesy of Dan's coworkers and work here to get it set up right), but it just wasn't us. So, we have rearranged in 2 separate sets of times. Dan doesn't love moving furniture and neither do I, but I just wanted it how I wanted it so that it felt like home. The kids helped me move couches, chairs on the same level (just switching rooms) and rugs - they've been a huge help!

There were sofas downstairs that were red and green and khaki striped sofas with a red oriental rug. It made me cringe whenever I saw it. Upstairs, we had off white damask fabric sofas, so we switched them out - along with different rugs. Then we've also switched out Jack and Kylie's rooms. Of course, we don't have our shipment yet - so this is all with what we have here so far...but it's so much better and more neutral so we can accent with our things. Here's a glimpse into our home on the downstairs floor without decorations or any of our stuff :)


Our front entryway
All the floors are marble, and this room is pretty huge. We need a rug here that doesn't get stuck when the door opens to wipe the continuous sand off our shoes from being outside...we'll see how everything evolves when we have our things.

View of front Entryway from front door
Straight ahead to the right is the downstairs bathroom
To the left is our formal living room

The entryway into our downstairs bathroom - to the left is a small bathroom with a toilet and mini sink. The vanity with 2 sinks and a huge mirror is outside the bathroom.

The vanity with 2 sinks - and our Beach sign from my parent's beach house (that I bought and we took back when they sold it).

Entryway into our formal living room
Not too amazing, but hopefully will be great when we get our stuff

We switched out furniture around our house for neutral ones...we now have aqua pillows on the couch, too.

The view from the formal living room sofa - a bookshelf and random tables. The kids use the sofa table as a play desk. I think we'll eventually bring another bookshelf down from upstairs for more storage down here.

The view from the formal living room back into our house - dining room on the left, family room on the right and kitchen back in the right corner!

The framed in Family Room - desk, tv, sofa, loveseat, 2 chairs, 3 tables and where everyone wants to be :)

Our kitchen - 2 fridges (one regular and one we deemed for drinks), 2 stoves (we only use the American one) and a decent sink! Ignore everything out - we haven't put anything away yet since we don't know exactly where everything will go!

Stairs to go upstairs right next to our family room!

5 comments:

Tricia F said...

Oh my goodness. It's HUGE!!! :)

Pauline said...

Glad you posted this, Kristen, as it let's us envision your time in your new home and it seems great! Love the way you have put things together and how all of you helped!! Miss you all, Mom. Xoxo

Matt and Jolee said...

You'll feel much better when you get your shipment in. Hope you shipped a lot of pictures! I tried to bring as much as I could and I'm glad I did. It's weird not having your own furniture, but you'll get used to it. Now, I'm wondering what all I left in storage 5 years ago!! lol

Megan said...

That is huge Kristen. Do you ever feel like you should just invite some peope in off the street to make more use of all that room? LOL! Glad you are settling into life in a new country again!

Megan said...

That is huge Kristen. Do you ever feel like you should just invite some peope in off the street to make more use of all that room? LOL! Glad you are settling into life in a new country again!