
If you look back at pictures of us growing up - at least one of the 3 of us (Mark, Brian and I) were either dressed in something from
ECU or
Rutgers. My parents went to ECU and my Grandad (my Dad's Dad) went to Rutgers (and also built some buildings on the campus, if I remember correctly). We do have one picture of my Dad wearing a Virginia Tech shirt that he got when ECU swam against the Hokies. (ignore my crazy face in the pic below - just notice Brian's ECU windbreaker).



I even still have a shirt that my parents bought be on a trip to ECU. The boys got cool ECU shirts and I remember thinking that it was not fair that I had to get a "little kid" ECU shirt - with Mickey Mouse on it. I wore that shirt a lot when I was little, then Meggie has worn it as a nightshirt and Jack currently wears it. My guess is that Kylie will never get a chance to wear it because (a) Jack is so skinny, he'll fit into it for another couple of years and (b) Kylie is very particular about her pajamas - they have to match. But it's fun to see pics of the kids wearing it. I found the picture of the Hokie by Birth sign on Ebay. So fun and so true for our kids and their DeVido cousins - all 5 of them! It will be interesting to see where they end up at college (incidentally, Jack does not like going to school, but he likes school. Hard to follow, I realize. He fusses all the time that he doesn't want to go to school, but he can't fuss that he doesn't like it, because he does. The other night, after hearing him fuss and whine about it all day, I finally turned to him and told him that he has 16 more years of school left. He cried.)



Incidentally, here's a pic of my Hokies. It was taken right after the Virginia Tech shootings. Shortly after that happened Dan and I were talking about Tech and Meggie said, "I don't want to go to Virginia Tech when I grow up because I don't want to get shot." That one was a nice one to have to explain around. Hopefully she'll change her mind later on - oh, and she wants to room with her cousin Mary Kate. Good Luck to whatever college they go to!

1 comment:
Dad and I were laughing at the old pics of you and your brothers. I remember each one but to think some of them are 25 years old makes me sad that you grew up so fast. Anyhow, it was always fun seeing the kids wear that Mickey Mouse shirt but even better to feel how soft it was from all the times it was worn. Some things DO get better with age!!!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment