There were sweet kids in traditional dress from Thailand, Korea, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, Denmark, Germany...etc. The elementary school principal and vice principal were dressed up and greeting kids at the entrance to the elementary wing and were dressed up as Jesse James and a Canadian hockey player, respectively. Their Vice principal cracks us up and reminds us of the perfect guy to do program at Young Life camp. He's great. He was on roller blades, had a hockey puck, a jersey on and a "cat in the hat" hat decorated with maple leafs! Some of the teachers wore their traditional, finest Indian or Thai outfits...it was just beautiful! There are 3 little girls in Jack's class that had their traditional Japanese, Danish and Korean outfits...so fun!
Then, Kylie and I left, drove home and I thought: This place is great! I love it! I really do love living here in Thailand. I wish I could have taken pictures to show you how sweet and beautiful the children looked...but I didn't, so here are some cute pics off the internet to show you how the kids were dressed...
4 comments:
That is amazing. What a growing and learning experience for you and your children to be in a land that is so different from the US and then to see the different cultures that are represented at the school. Amazing!
We are so happy to hear how much you do love living there. I am filled with joy for you that this was part of God's plan for your lives. The children dressed in their native chlothes sounds so fun. Apple Crisp was an excellent choice to represent the American Culture.
Sorry I knew that something looked wrong with the way that I typed in clothes. I mis-spelled on previous post. Again thank you for sharing this with us.
tweeter, I love that you love it!
Post a Comment