Saturday, January 10, 2009

Vacation - Part 4 - Food

Oh my goodness, the FOOD!!! First of all, we got a package to stay there that included free breakfast buffet for the whole family (which is normally $10 for kids) and 2 free kid's meals per meal. Not too shabby, considering the breakfast buffet was AWESOME (seriously, ask Meggie. She said it was her favorite thing about vacation!) and the meals were great. Yummy fun international dishes and good kid's meals. For breakfast, Megan would share 1/2 ham and cheese omelet (cooked to order, thankyouverymuch) with Kylie, then have 2 pieces of french toast, sausage or bacon, 2 slices of toast with jam (one strawberry and one orange marmelade - Gram would be proud), pineapple, watermelon, dragon fruit, a danish and a cinnamon twist - plus fresh squeezed orange juice. I kid you not. And she would eat every bit, because we made sure that she could only get one thing at a time and finished it before she went on to the next thing. And, she would mostly then go back after the danish and cinnamon twist to get more fruit. Is it any wonder she wasn't really hungry for lunch?

And can I say that they had orange, apple, guava, pineapple and watermelon juice for breakfast? And Dan got his own pot of coffee and I got my own pot of tea!

For dinner and lunch the kids got to choose from fish and chips, spaghetti, ham and cheese sandwich, fried rice and a hamburger and fries. Yummy


This is how they had honey. A full comb that dripped down into a pot. How cool is that?


The Juice Bar

Our Breakfast table with cool camera setting where it only picks up the orange :)


Bugga and Momma

The Boys


Daddy and Moo

Kylie telling me a story about a bad dragon who ate all the pancakes

Dan took this pic of Kylie licking syrup off her lips. Too cute.


Jack's Fish and Chips


Moopert

Kylie with her Fish and Chips

There was a tv in the restaurant with beanbag chairs for the kiddos to chill on. Oh, and the restaurant was on the water and totally open air. It was chilly the first night, so we were thankful we brought coats for the kids!

And can I just say that I had, quite possibly, my all-time favorite meal EVER in Thailand there? It was for dinner and I got it the first 3 nights for dinner. It was called Malaysian Chicken Curry with coconut cream and mango salsa. Delicious. It was the perfect blend of spices, heat, creaminess and veggies. It was glorious the first 2 nights and the 3rd night I pushed it too far with ordering it - it was super spicy and I couldn't even finish it. But it was good while it lasted!


P.S. I was convinced the first day that this guy pictured here was a wrestling buddy of my brother, Brian's, from high school. By the 2nd day, I was fairly sure he wasn't really because he had a british/south african accent. But, by then, we kept calling him by the name who I thought he originally was. I made Dan take a picture of him. :)

No comments: