Sunday, January 11, 2009

Vacation - Part 5 - Beach

The hotel was right on the beach of the Gulf of Thailand. Warm water, teeny waves (more than a bay, less than the ocean), seashells (which Kylie loved) and the tide going out at dinnertime! During the middle of the day, there was no beach visible, but in the evening there was a huge beach to run on and play on! And, the hotel had a sand-pit area up by the pool to build sandcastles (or tunnels, in Dan's case) in.




I think the 2nd night we were there, we went down to the beach after dinner because the tide had gone out. We had asked the kids if they could try not to get their clothes wet. I know, I know. Have we met Jack? Within 2 minutes, he had kicked water all over Megan's back (which made her cry) and then he "tripped" and landed in the Gulf. So, then he got to roll around in the waves...while Dan and I took endless amount of photos, Megan jumped in the waves and Kylie looked for seashells (which she claimed was her favorite thing - as evidenced by the 10+ shells we brought home).
Guess what Dan is writing???

Ta Da!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow! thanks for sharing all of that! i love hearing all about the food, drink, weather. so cool! and i know it is so fun to have your whole family together for days in a row!