Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Chill Weekend



Our weekend was pretty chill - it consisted mainly of hanging out at home and going to birthday parties. 3 parties to be exact. One for each of the kids to attend. Kylie had a birthday to go to the same time Saturday that Jack did, so Dan and I divided and conquered. Megan came with me and Kylie to a 4 year olds Princess Party. It was quite the deal. They made princess hats, then played musical chairs (where only the birthday girl and Megan wanted to play - Kylie was too scared, another girl cried and another girl sat out), played pin the crown on the princess, played hot potato with a princess teapot (again, 2 mommies playing with 2 girls, Megan and the birthday girl), ate a ton of food, ate an amazing mermaid birthday cake (pictured left, but it had 4 mermaids!)...and...drumroll please...had 3 ladies from the nail salon come and do the girls fingernails, toenails and put tinfoil in their hair. Oh, and the Mom of the Birthday girl did all the little girls' make-up! It was a riot! Megan got red and blue foil in her hair (teeny strips of metallic foil tied to the roots of hair strands to make it look like you have shimmer in your hair!) and Kylie got pink! I know the photos aren't great of the girls, but I was having a hard time getting the picture to show them!
Jack's birthday party was a pool party and Megan's was today and a pool party...Oh, and on Friday I went up to the kids' school to buy an ISB lanyard for Dan's school ID and picked up a cute bandana headband there for myself, which Megan and Kylie promtly stole! So cute, $0.75USD and I wish they had made them with the elastic under them back when I was in high school and college...I would have rocked them! :)


Also, Dan's on a fruit smoothie kick. Today, because we are pretty much out of fruit in the house, he made banana and frozen raspberry ones!

3 comments:

Bev and Boyd said...

They sure know how to throw a party in Thailand! The party Kylie went to sounded so sanuk!!!
And pool parties in February!
Loved the pictures (as always). Kristen, the one of you and Kylie was precious! And I loved the one of the kitchen help! Thanks for your dedication to the blog Kristen.
Love,
Mom
XOXOXOXOXO

K said...

Way to go Mom on the Thai phrases! You will be awesome when you get here (and might possibly out-Thai Dan!)! Have a great Sunday!!!

Courtney said...

hey! i'm on a fruit smoothie kick too!!! :-)