
My 33 year old had a good birthday. Here's what went down. Dan went to work, I got the big kids off to school, Kylie and I baked a chocolate chip cookie cake, I decorated the house with pictures the kids and I had made the day before, I wrapped presents, we got showered, went to Starbucks for a coffee, swung by the

kids' school to get them out early and all 3 of the kids and I drove down to Dan's work! He knew that Kylie and I were going to meet him for lunch and I had even talked him into coming back home with us - only he thought that we had to be home in time to get Jack off the school bus. When I would talk to him on the phone, I had Jack and Megan cover their mouths so that they wouldn't talk. They thought it was so funny. The kids and I went to the store at Dan's work to buy groceries and then headed over to his work! I had him come out to meet us and Megan and

Jack hid behind the van. When Dan came over, Kylie got to shout, "Happy Birthday Daddy!" and Moo and Jack popped out to surprise him! It was so fun to pull the kids out a half-day to spend with Dan!
We got to eat lunch with him there at work, then hung out for a bit by the pond while he finished up some things! We drove home, opened presents (books, snorkel/mask, ISB shorts, fun luggage ornament to remind us that Mom Mom and Pappy will be visiting in less than a year here...), sung him

Happy Birthday, ate cake, went swimming to try out the new snorkel/mask, played in the rain and got ready to head to church! Our church was putting on a dinner for the folks who teach at the school Matt and Tricia teach at...as a way to say thank you for all the work they do for/at the church.
I had volunteered us to help out (and Dan knew about it and was willing to help out). So, we brought the kids with us because we didn't want them to be apart from Dan on his birthday. Anyway, we got to help set-up, serve, generally help out and watch kids. We made the assumption that it would go from 5pm to 8pm-ish. We got home at 10pm. A good night, wouldn't trade it for the world, but just late. It was a good birthday, I think, for Dan.

We got to spend a good time together and join him for lunch down at work...and get the kids out of school. Not too shabby.
Oh, and Matt and Tricia bought him a spherical rubik's cube for his
brithday. He wanted to solve it before bed last night. And was aggravated that it was taking him so long. I told him not to worry...it took him 32 years and 11 months to solve the original rubik's cube :) He solved the sphere about 1 minute later. Happy 33rd Birthday Tweeter!!! I love you!!!

Dan with his boy - pointing out how old he is!

Dan with the Bug

Moopert and Daddy

Me and my Tweeter

The kiddos with Tweeter

Where else can you snorkel on your birthday?

GES dinner at CCC

What we were doing while we were supposed to be cutting cake :)

The nursery :)

2 little "bunnies" lying very still
2 comments:
Loved Jack's shirt advertising Daddy's age. Sounds like it was a wonderful day celebrating. Great idea to get the kids out of school early Kristen. Now it't almost time for another birthday! What a big month in the Seaman household!
Love,
Mom
XO
Hey! We made Laura a chocolate chip cookie cake for her party too! What a coincidence :) Happy Birthday Dan!
Post a Comment