Friday, January 16, 2009

Regent



We got the keys to our new house yesterday and went over after Dan got home to run around in it! We move next week and Kylie and I have been running errands trying to get transfer paperwork done for our new neighborhood, cable, internet, etc. Fun.

It was fun to walk in our actual house and show the kids what rooms they'll have and have them run around in it. While we were there, they figured out that there is a "loop" (I know Michael and Heather will be excited for us) to run around on the main floor and managed to put footprints, yes footprints, on our master bedroom wall. Hopefully it will be covered up by our dresser :)

Dan is very excited to move and I have to say that I am not. I'm settled in our current house. I like it and how things are organized here. We have no choice in whether to stay or to go. But it is a free -new- house. It does have real hardwood floors, granite counters, 4 bedrooms and 5 full bathrooms. Each bedroom has it's own full bathroom, but we'll probably just use ours (which has a shower and a separate tub) for the kids to bathe. It's just the aggravation of figuring out where all the furniture goes. The house has windows everywhere, which should be a good thing, but we have oversized furniture - china hutch, dining room table that seats 12 comfortably, 3 huge bookshelves that fit together to be 12 feet long. And there's not any great place to fit any of them. So, it will be interesting. Dan and I will take measurements tomorrow and go over and see where things will fit. It will be good. I know, I know.


Kids in front of the new house


Staircase to go upstairs
Door and window at top are into our bedroom


Right after this was taken, Jack ran headfirst into that wall he's headed for. He got his bell rung.


Just to show you how tall the windows in the front of the house are...by comparison with Dan.

4 comments:

allapole said...

The new place looks beautiful.

lindsay said...

Holy cow! You guys are going to feel like you're living in a palace with those super tall walls, how fun!

Susan said...

I was going to say holy smokes, but it seemed silly after lindsay said Holy cow!

Can't wait to see how you decorate it!

Bev and Boyd said...

Wow! It looks like you'll be moving into the White House. Everything is so grand! Hope the move goes well for you all - especially you Kristen, who has to deal with all the details. It will be exciting to live in a single house again. You're right back where you started! And spending your anniversary having movers there all day Kristen is probably not your first choice but you'll never forget how you spent your
9th anniversary! Happy moving!
Love,
Mom
XOXOXOXOXO