We had a great night last night. Dan took the day off from work to stay home and help get ready for the big party! We had 6 girls come, plus Megan, Jack and Kylie - Tricia came over to help everything run smoothly! When they came in, we had the girls make bracelets, then we had them decorate pillowcases with permanent fabric markers! I wrote each of the girl's names on the pillowcase and they colored it in. It was too funny that some of the girls were being so meticulous with their letters. After 10 minutes, some girls had still not finished with
We played "Pass the Parcel" - which was a set of lip glosses that Dan wrapped in wrapping paper 18 (!) times! Kinda like Hot Potato, the kids sit in a circle, music is played, they pass it around and when the music stops, whoever is holding it gets to unwrap a layer of the wrapping paper and answer a question like "What is your favorite thing to eat at school? How do you say hello in 2 languages? Do you have any brothers or sisters?" and begins it again until the last person unwraps the lipgloss and gets to keep it!
After that, we played Pin the Pillow on the Sleeping Bag :) and then headed off for breakfast for dinner! Dan and Tricia made pancakes, Moo and I had made mini blueberry muffins the day before and we had fruit (watermelon, pineapple and dragonfruit) and juice! The girls loved everything, ate everything and really enjoyed it! Megan opened her presents and got lots of great things - a bunny from build-a-bear, a stuffed kitty cat from Littlest Pet Shop, a book on oragami and paper to make things, a craft board and junior pictionary! So fun! Kylie and I had made the cake and Moo and I made the icing - she chose violet, teal and yellow. The plan had been a bed with a pillow on it, but I couldn't find my fun thing for icing cakes until after the cake was iced :) Megan loved it anyway and it was very yummy! Such a good time, so thankful for my not quite yet 7 year old and for good friends to come over and celebrate with her (including Tricia)! Happy pre-birthday Moopert!
7 comments:
I loved hearing all about the party. Everything sounded like it was quite a success. The cake looked beautiful - Uncle Wayne would be proud! The personalized pillowcases were a great idea. Glad you had a couple of good chefs in the kitchen to help with the pancakes! Really sounded like lots of fun for all! HB Megan!
XO
It was SOO much fun! Thanks for letting me come over.
You're so creatve- what a fun party!
It's so fun to see how much fun all of you had at Meggie's Birthday Party. Everything looked so yummy and the pillowcases will be something everyone will remember. Wish we could have shared in the party but we were there in spirit, Moo!!! Love, Grammy xoxo
Okay,
I just got something in the mail that is so wonderful and thank you(don't want to ruin it for anyone else)so very much!!! I will elaborate later...;o)
Love, Mom xoxo
Pauline, Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work - too wonderful!!! Thank you kids!
D&K - Boyd and I debated if we should call you since we were so excited but since it would be 1:30am at your place - we resisted! It will be going to Salisbury with me this weekend! Love it!
Mom
XO
Such fun birthday stuff! Thanks for all the details. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGGIE BOO! Can you believe she is 7? It amazes me. Love you guys. YOu all throw theh best parties.
Post a Comment