Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1st Day of 2nd Grade for Megan!!!


So we went up to the school and looked through the class lists. Megan got the teacher she wanted, but her closest friend is NOT in her class. She took one look at the list, amidst 4 other families clamoring to see the board, and burst into tears. After assuring her she had 1 good friend in the class, even though it is not her best friend, we went and found out where her classroom is. And we also found out that Jack's best friend is not in his class, either - which I think will be good for both of them. Hopefully we can still have playdates but not have the boys so attached to each other.

This morning went a little better than last year - not as much weeping and gnashing of teeth from Megan, which was nice. Dan got me up with him, I got some stuff done before I woke the kids up for the day. Megan was very unthrilled about school. We ate breakfast and debated over her choice for bottoms for her uniform (between a black skort, a khaki skort and khaki horts). The shorts are boy shorts and are a bit big on her, but she really wanted to wear them. And they turned out fine. Lord willing, she will have a great day and we will be excited to hear all about it when she gets off the bus this afternoon. I'll have to make a special treat for her...

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Can't wait to hear all about Meggie's first day at school. I am sure she will enjoy it and make many friends!!
I know you are so happy to have Danny home again. Love to see the kids with him! Thanks, Dan, for the nice postcard~
The kids look great, love the pics.
Love to you all, Mom/Grammy xoxox

TiffS said...

Hannah has yet to have her best friends in her class, but thankfully she always makes new best friends! We'll pray that Megan does too. And when Josh went for kindergarten to first grade, he only knew 2 kids out of the whole class! Hopefully this year will be better, we'll find out in a few more weeks. Special treat--chocolate chip cookies for sure :) If everyone wakes up earlier than 8, we'll try to call and see how their first day went!

Bev and Boyd said...

Megan, you look beautiful for your first day of school. I am glad you got the teacher you wanted and I know God has a special new friend in your class for you. I think you are going to have a fun year!
I love you!
Mom Mom
XO

Anonymous said...

It was great to get home from work today, ask Moo how school was and hear her response be "I love my new class and can't wait to go tomorrow!" What an answer to prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev and Boyd said...

Just read Dan's comment.
Hallelujah!

Pauline said...

So glad to hear Meggie's response ~ and I know you both were too!! Glad you loved your class, Meggie! Enjoy and have fun! Love, Grammy ;o)

Tricia F said...

Go, Megan! Enjoy 2nd grade! :) We miss you, kiddo!