Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last Day of Summer (and Daddy's back Home!)

Today is our "Official last day of Summer". So sad. Dan got home from a trip yesterday early in the morning and stayed home the rest of the day, which was great! We hung out, grocery shopped, took naps and cleaned! We had our new Youth Pastor and his wife over for dinner and a game of Settlers, which was fun and we will find out teachers in about 15 minutes when we head up to school to see the lists posted! (Because it is such a transiant community, they don't post class lists/teacher lists until the day before school starts!)


Daddy's Back Home!!!


Dan bought himself a present - a sextant made in 1840. Any guesses on why he chose a sextant?


And beautiful treasure boxes for the kiddos!!! Thanks Tweeter!
(I got a Christmas ornament from his latest country - which I asked for and love!)

6 comments:

Bev and Boyd said...

Great pictures as always! Megan and Jack - have a super great year at school! Kylie, enjoy all your special time with Mommy.
sextant guess - because a "seaman" likes to be a good navigator"????
Lots of love,
Mom(Mom)
XOXOXOXOXO

K said...

Good job Mom! Way to go on the guess! :) You win the prize and get to visit us in January! Hurray!

Bev and Boyd said...

Wow! I am so excited and what a prize!!!!!!!! See you in January!
Love,
Mom
XOXOXOXOXO

Susan said...

I figured he was buying you a boat..

Mommy said...

Hey Kristin! It's so good to see you blogging! I am super excited, actually! I can finally keep up with some of my family. ♥

Your family is beautiful! And so are you. :)

How are you doing?

Yes Grammy would be amazed at how many greatgrandchildren she would have. Miss her alot. :(

Tricia F said...

Yay! Glad the new youth minister and his wife are in fact Settlers fans!!! :)