Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baptism!



After church on Sunday our church had a "Welcome Back Pool Party/Picnic" at the Nichada Club pool right behind the church. It's nice, because the church backs up to the pool, so this one day a year they open the back pool gates and we can go out the back of church right to the pool. They had the main course provided by the Nichada Club but all the sides and desserts were brought by the families....

...but before the picnic began, they had a Baptism! I chose to be baptized this Sunday after thinking about it for many years. I was baptized as a baby, which I am thankful for, but really wanted to make this my decision and my declaration that I am a Christ follower. Three other people were baptized the same time as me - Ridge (the boy), my friend Susan and my friend Cat. It was a really great service and baptism and I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to do it. Here are some more pics of it for you...



10 comments:

TiffS said...

Yay for Krisen! I remember talking about this before--I'll be praying for you :)

Pauline said...

So happy for you, Kristen! You are a wonderful follower of Christ and I am happy that you did this.
We love you, Mom and Dad xoxox

Megan said...

Awesome! So glad you made a decision to do this for yourself! What a special day!

Courtney said...

that's GREAT, kristen!

Bev and Boyd said...

Dear Kristin,
That was a very touching blog (pass the tissues). I am so glad you did make that decision for yourself to get baptised as a believer. Wish I could have witnessed it in person but thanks for sharing the pictures. And loved the family picture too! God bless you as you took that step to publicly declare the inward work God has done in your life. You are a beautiful Child of God!
I love you!!!!
Mom
XO

Bev and Boyd said...

Opps! Just saw I spelled your name the way my niece does. So sorry KristEn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick said...

What a great day. I have a similar baptism story.
Did you get burned on Sunday like 90% of the rest of the church?

Tricia F said...

very cool!!!

allapole said...

WOW I JUST GOT THIS HOW EXCITING I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

H said...

I just have to post and say I love it. K, you are a blessing to me and I hope you know how excited I am for you. God is so faithful and good to us...isn't He?