Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kid's Christmas Concert

p.s. while Megan and Jack are wearing long sleeves and pants, it was actually 92 degress here today!!! Come visit, the weather is beautiful!

Megan and Jack got to sing up front in church this morning for the annual Christmas elementary school program. It was great and they did a great job. It was fun to see Jack up there singing, but only knowing some of the words and Megan singing and knowing all of the words :) Jack does a good job for not being able to read. And Megan took practicing the songs very seriously - and it paid off! Kylie sat with me the whole time (read - long time) and did a good job of cheering the kids on, but not getting into too much trouble!

We're headed back to the church tonight for the Festival of Carols (I think 5 different groups will be performing international Christmas songs and we will sing carols in between). It should be fun and interesting. We were supposed to bring a finger food to share afterwards...but the double chocolate chip cookies burnt to the pan and I can't figure out a good way to scrape them off to salvage them for guests. The kids are happy enough to sacrifice and eat the non-burnt parts, but they definitely don't look pretty. Oh well.

And, our friends from our small group dedicated their sweet little girl, Jaya, today at church! So fun...and I'm not sure if I've already said this on this blog, but poor Ro (the Mom) keeps getting asked if Jaya is hers. She had made the joke right after Jaya was born, that if Jaya hadn't come out of her, she would have never known she was hers :) When we went to Chinatown last week, all the Thai ladies kept thinking that Jaya was Tricia's. We kept having to repeat that Jaya is Ro's. And then Ro would have to explain to their quizzical faces, "Pa, same same." Meaning, she looks like her Daddy. I think it's funny, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't if I was in Ro's position. She's a sweet little girl and has a great Mommy and Daddy.

1 comment:

Tricia F said...

I really wish we hadn't overslept and missed that! Matt just said, "Jack is seriously the cutest little boy." We look forward to seeing you soon!pr