Because Dan was unexpectedly home on Sunday night, we got to

decorate our Christmas tree and the rest of our middle floor this week! So fun decorating and pulling out favorite ornaments...Jack liked the ones he made in preschool last year, any one with his name on it and the Hokie football ornament. Megan liked the ones she made in school and the angel ones. Kylie just liked the ones that were c

upcakes or edible items. That's my girl.
I love getting out our ornaments and seeing the one that says God Bless the USA that my Mom and I picked up in New Orleans after Thanksgiving when I was pregnant with Meggie, the one my friend Janelle gave me at a bridal shower and then she missed our wedding because she assumed it was on Sunday instead of Saturday, the house shaped one that my Mom's friend Mrs. Scott made us that says our last name on it and has been applicable

whether it was just Dan and I, or with 1, 2 or 3 children, the Mary Englebreit one that my friend Colleen gave me and on the tag she wrote "I am always the Queen", the random wedding cake one my Dad bought when we went to shop at the Leesburg Outlets in 2002 that read "2000" - the year Dan and I were married (and Dad got it for $0.25), the 3 beautiful, fragile insect ornaments my parents bought Megan (ladybug), Jack (grasshopper) and Kylie (bumble bee) before Kylie was even born in Bethlehem, Pa, and all the great homemade ones my Mom and grandparents have made through the years...plus all the great ones my children have made. Just wonderful. And the great names at left that Dan's Grandpop made us, as well as the JOY sign...so great!
Yay for Christmas in Thailand. Yay for 90 degree weather. Yay for swimming in December. Yay for Kylie knowing that Christmas is Jesus' birthday, but that her birthday is "after Christmas". Yay for Megan being excited (and Jack, although not as excited) for the Children's Christmas performance coming up at our church. Yay for 4+ months living here in Bangkok.
4 comments:
Hey Girl, I am also a HUGE christmas junkie here! :) I love this time of year. I decorated the tree and house over the weekend. And I am dying to get my hands on a nativity set I saw in Guatemala last year and did not buy. I do believe I will find it this weekend or next week!
Much love!
That's the fun of bringing out your ornaments. They each have special meaning and memories that go along! Your tree looks beautiful ~ I know the kids enjoyed putting up the decorations. They will have memories as each year passes, too.
Traditions are lovely things. They ground you no matter where you are.. Somehow, they make sense of life and help you to remember just what is important to you.
Love, Mom
So fun to have those special ornaments!
Christmas in Thailand...wow
Warm weather for Christmas...wow
Does Thailand have special holidays? Do they really celebrate Christmas? Do they have something like the Chinese new year?
Maybe I should just google these questions.
Yeah for my wife who can make it feel like home and Christmas even living in Thailand!
Post a Comment