Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thailand and Kids

Have I mentioned how much Thai's love children? Kylie is almost 3 and she gets smiled at, touched on her shoulder or back, her hand held, her curls played with, greeted and asked what her names is on a daily basis. And her response? Depends entirely on her mood at that given moment. Sometimes she'll wai (bow) to them and tell them her name, sometimes she attaches herself to my legs, sometimes she says, "No!" rather loudly. We've now made the rule that she needs to say, "Sawatdee Kah" no matter what, but she doesn't have to hold their hands. That seems to satisfy us both: be polite. And, for some reason, at least 4 different Thai girls (by that, I mean in their 20's) in the past month have asked to either take a picture of Kylie with their camera's on their phone or asked to have their picture taken with Kylie. Thankfully she has agreed (and so have we).

I do greatly appreciate the Thai's love of children, and more importantly, my children. I am thankful we live in a country where they continually get smiled at and are not a nuisance, but are genuinely enjoyed. It makes for a great time whenever I take the kids anywhere. I mean, how could you not love this little Bug? Seriously?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cuite! I love you bugga!

Love, Daddy

Pauline said...

Bugga,
Wherever did you get that fancy headband? I love your smile.. kisses for you..muaaaa!!! Love you bunches, Grammy xoxo