Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pajama Party

Megan gets to have a Pajama Party tomorrow at school for their last day before the break! Since her pajamas seem to be mostly tank tops and shorts, we had to come up with something appropriate for school.I got these capri pants at a yard sale this summer before we moved and she had the green shirt from another yard sale. I was inspired by a friend from our old church, Courtney, with her wonderful shirts she has made for both her family and to raise money for others! Thanks for the idea!

The fun part for me is that the polka-dot fabric is a scrap left over from Pappy's mother's sewing, the red ribbon is part of a huge assortment of crafts that Aunt Sheri gave me and I got to use the sewing machine Mom Mom gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago (and I love)! The green ric rac is from a cute store downtown that I bought one of the first weeks we lived here, knowing that I would put it to good use one day :) So, cute shirt for no money. As my Dad is famous for saying, "Free is better than cheap - I say no more!"

5 comments:

TiffS said...

Seriously, one day you should open up a business with all the crafty stuff you do! Maybe a side one with etsy?

Anonymous said...

They look great! You will be the cutest girl in class for sure.

Bev and Boyd said...

That shirt came out too cute. How talented you are Kristen. And how fun for Megan to have such a special outfit for her PJ party. Who would ever have thought that Granny's material would travel to the other side of the world. Pappy was really pleased - me too! Granny was quite crafty so she would have loved your creatvity! Kristen gets an A++++ again! Way to go! Now we are waiting to hear about the PJ party.
Love to all,
Mom Mom
XOXOXOXOXO

Courtney said...

wow! good job! wasn't that fun?!? :-)

Pauline said...

Meggie,
Hope you have fun at your pajama party. You will have the coolest jammies in the class... can't wait to hear all about it..
Love you, Grammy